Pages

Thursday 25 September 2014

Phillip Phillips On Food Network In Concert, Touring With John Mayer, And Stage Fright

When Phillip Phillips is on the road, get on their tour bus and it is likely that some sort of cooking-related show will be on TV. "Honestly, I love food," the 23-year-old "Home" singer and American Idol winner. when we called him on a recent afternoon.

It makes a lot sense then that Phillips signed a contract to join his former tour mate John Mayer in the first Food channel in concert next month. The only event of its kind carried out on September 20 at the Ravinia Festival in Highland Park suburb of Chicago, and features the music of artists like Phillips, Mayer, Twin Forks, and Raul Midon, plus demonstrations kitchen and Food Network star Anne Burrell, Alex Guarnaschelli and Geoffrey Zakarian.

When we chatted with Phillips in preparation for the concert of Food Network, the guy from the South was more than happy to pass on your love of all things culinary, how he gets his food on when he is on tour, and why is psyched to bring his new album on the road.



So Phillip Phillips is a type of food?

I'm from South Georgia, so my mother, she always cooked a good meal when I was growing up Dang. She still does when I go home now. And I love cooking and baking and all that too with my girlfriend. It's fun. Cooking for me is a kind of therapy. It is completely different from the music too. I'm not amazing at it, but I can cook myself a good meal. And I'm not saying this, but anytime I'm on the bus or at home, I watch Food Network or cooking on television just cause is interesting to me. It is quite amazing how some cooks can only build things out of the top of the hat. But yes, I love to cook; I love to eat; I love everything about food.

Do you have any go-to special dishes to impress your girlfriend?


I try to impress her. I do not know if I'm good at it. Last night I cooked some burgers that were pretty good. Sometimes I like to put cheese in the middle of it or add a little something here and there. But I also like to do some kind of taco chicken tenders. Chicken Wraps. Or at least I like to say they are. But it's always fun to learn something new to cook.

You mentioned that your mother was a murderer cooking. Was he doing classic southern comfort food all your childhood?

Oh, no doubt! She is a master at that. She cooks some amazing beef cubes with some salsa and homemade mashed potatoes and butter beans best will in his life. And so many other foods as well. I told him he has to make me a cookbook of all your meals. But I think it just makes it off the top of your head. She does not even know what you're doing sometimes. She only knows how to do it right.

I'm sure that when you're on the road as much as you have been lately, you are craving some food from mom.

Definitely the man! Especially when I've gone for like two or three months. When I get home I go straight home and I'm going to cook a meal every day. It is always nice because you eat on the road much. That's all I ever really does. From time to time we will cook something, but it's hard when you travel so much.

So Food Network concert will be the first time you and John Mayer met since their tour together.

I think so, yes. This is the first show back since the end of the winter tour last year. So it will be fun. I'm excited to see him and his crew and just have a good time. It will be a fun show.

0 comments:

Post a Comment