Pages

Wednesday 4 June 2014

Phillip Phillips Willingly Takes The Backseat On ‘Behind The Light’

Not since Mr. Mister or Duran Duran came into the world to love a pop act called parallel quite like Phillip Phillips. Thanks to winning American Idol in 2012 and his coronation single, "Home”, Phillip Phillips has been thrust into the spotlight. But Phillip Phillips rather just plays his guitar. “I’m a very musical kind of guy," he told “I’m not a singer. I'm a guitar player first. “That’s why on their second album Behind the Light, Phillips lets his side take the lead.
.


In an interview Phillips said his latest album is a bit more on the side of the rock. “I have a feeling very band," he said,” what I like because I do not like being the center of attention ... I let the guys shine and put your own personality into the song. "

Phillips wrote or co - wrote all 12 tracks on the disc and said to show strong growth in its paper and his band. The “Brush" , a song that began as an exercise in daily heating Phillips, but ended up becoming the most disturbing track album thanks to his cellist Dave Egger . “He came up with some good chain. Wanted to slap him because he is very good," said Phillips. "That song is about how you can see something, but you're not really looking at the big picture. You're just looking at the most obvious thing instead of seeing what is deeper in the paint."

As much as he would like to hide behind a cross, Phillips cannot stop writing songs that read like they were straight from his diary. "It was scary for me to put the first album because it was very personal," he said. "This second album is even more personal." Although he prefers not to go into details of what each song is about, he says he will never stop writing honestly. "The fans know when something is not really honest," Phillips said. “I want people to know I'm not just singing. Are A guitar player first and I love writing. Want people to see that. If you like, that's awesome.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment